Friday 19 December 2008

Matching Pairs

I finished the pair of socks for myself. They are very plain - stocking stitch, using a free Regia pattern available with the yarn. I'm pleased with them and they are very cosy. The only slight downside is that I cast on a bit too tightly on the first sock, making it a little hard to pull on. Must remember to make a point of casting on more loosely next time.

I had some left over yarn, and just managed to squeeze a matching pair of socks for Little Cherub out of it. I had to scale the pattern down as the smallest size was still considerably larger than her little feet, but it came out well. I had all of about 18 inches of spare yarn when I finished!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Bookworm. Have you ever tried a "German twisted cast on" for your socks. I always use that when casting on (and I do a lot of socks). It gives a nice stretchy edge that is perfect for socks.

The Bookworm said...

Thanks for the tip ... I'll definitely try that next time. I'm pretty much a novice sock knitter. I have done them before, but only a couple of pairs a very long time ago.